re chrome flip gas cap ?

-

sammie

Reaction score
I would like to have mine re chromed.69 b-cuda . Has anyone done theirs? How does the gasket part come off? I see it has a roll pin on , but before I screw with it I would like to hear from someone who's done this already! Any recommendations?

They fit pretty good but you may have to add a rubber gasket to the one that is on the cap to thicken it. The rubber gasket can be found at most hardware stores in the plumbing isle. Mine and others did not make contact with the filler tube so that's why there was a need for adding the gasket.

Other than that they look sweet.

They fit pretty good but you may have to add a rubber gasket to the one that is on the cap to thicken it. The rubber gasket can be found at most hardware stores in the plumbing isle. Mine and others did not make contact with the filler tube so that's why there was a need for adding the gasket.

Other than that they look sweet.

Great information.

thanks ill try that!. if anyone has taken these apart and had them re chromed id like to hear about it,

A guy I know sent his to be rechromed and it was $200 plus shipping. That was a few years ago. I don't know how or if he was the one that took it apart.

A guy I know sent his to be rechromed and it was $200 plus shipping. That was a few years ago. I don't know how or if he was the one that took it apart.

I doubt the chrome guy disassembled it. Especially for $200. The price seems fair. Mines a good core, so I don't want to brake it taken it apart. Not just yet anyway!

-
Back