Re-gluing Door Window seals?

-

Traxfish

Convertible Cruiser
Reaction score
The driver's side door window trim/seal in my 1968 Barracuda keeps slipping off. This may be a dumb or basic question but what glue should I use secure it? I've had bad luck with adhesives in the past and don't want to screw it up.

The seal at the rear Edge to quarter glass?

Mine slide into the stainless frame track on the rear of the front glass and are not glued. They were a bit of deal to install and have a ridge that keys to the track. 69 FB but believe 68 was no different.

Mine slide into the stainless frame track on the rear of the front glass and are not glued. They were a bit of deal to install and have a ridge that keys to the track. 69 FB but believe 68 was no different.
Thanks! If I understand what you're talking about it's that whole track that keeps sliding off the glass. I am not sure how it's supposed to be held onto the bare glass. Every time I shut the door it angles outwards over the quarter window and when I roll down the window it slides upwards.

It is attached to the glass with glaziers tape. Specialty item!

Home Depot sells this stuff which is very close with some trimming after install. You wrap the glass with it then very carefully knock the stainless back on with a rubber mallet and patience. It is easy to break the glass and might be best for an auto glass company to do, unless you are fearless!

A7DB94C2-CC45-4689-84C2-68801C6B9A46.jpeg

A product used to be called innerseal. Was like an inch wide.
Was also used to keep glass in the tracks of the regulators.

They were likely pressed on in a jig from the factory.

I used this on one of vent windows to lower track after the original disengrated over the years. It was fairly easy on the vent glass.

It is attached to the glass with glaziers tape. Specialty item!

Home Depot sells this stuff which is very close with some trimming after install. You wrap the glass with it then very carefully knock the stainless back on with a rubber mallet and patience. It is easy to break the glass and might be best for an auto glass company to do, unless you are fearless!

View attachment 1715157000
Thanks! Right now having someone who knows what they're doing sounds like a better option as replacing that window would be not cheap or easy.

I wanted to take a look at a handful of items today and completely struck out! :BangHead:

Thanks! Right now having someone who knows what they're doing sounds like a better option as replacing that window would be not cheap or easy.

I wanted to take a look at a handful of items today and completely struck out! :BangHead:
Channel grip. I used to get it in a hand mixing little tub with a wooden mixing stick but now you have to buy a whole 2 part tube that takes a special gun. You could push equal parts out without the gun and mix it by hand. Probable be cheaper to take it to a glass shop. It would help them if you cleaned it up first. They'll probably etch and prime the glass and use urethane. Matter of fact you could probable just buy some windshield urethane and do it yourself with out a primer and etch. Probable last a long time.

-
Back