Status
Not open for further replies.

1968FormulaS340

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Real 68 340, Formula S, 4 Speed.

Up for sale again I guess.... It just sits there.

62,000 original miles. Original heads, block, transmission, exhaust manifolds and 8 3/4-rear end housing. The car has a 3.91 Dana 60 in it now.

Extensive engine work done....

Polished rods
Balanced
Solid Roller cam and valve train (Crower street roller)
Professionally ported heads
And so on.....

Parts are matched for an 8,000-rpm shift point at the track, with headers and a 3" exhaust.

New TTI, 2.5" x-pipe exhaust connected to the stock manifolds in car now (note.. Manifolds are not a match for the cam)

Both new Mopar XHD rear springs (in car) and original springs.

I have a rebuilt #4424S AVS (not original to the car but the correct carb for a 68, 340, 4 speed) and Intake manifold with correct casting number (But not correct casting date) that goes with the car. Manifold has been Hot Tanked and painted.

Victor 340 and Holley 800dp on car.

Factory duel point distributor (Out of car and I have never checked the numbers on it)
Mallory unilite with MSD RPM control box and coil in car.

I have both a hurst comp plus (all parts) and the stock Inland shifter (installed)

Converted to BBP/newer style disk brakes with 14"x6" wheels and re-pop Firestone Wide Oval E70-14 Redlines.

Factory disk brake car (original upper control arms, spindles and rotors, off of car but included)

Factory AC car (All interior parts in place, most of the under hood parts are gone.. Will photo parts I have if requested).

Scatter shield, drive shaft loop and Mopar brand sub-frame connecters installed.

Problems.... Gauges quit last year, gas gauge is fried (visually inspected). (Would fix this if I find a gas gauge but I have not looked very hard).

Went with a standard duty clutch for "street friendly driving" and cooked it.

Valve train needs to be looked over... I see nothing wrong on top but it does have a clack, clack, clack... May need the lifters rebuilt.... I don't know.

The car has been stored inside 90% of its life and has less rust than you will find on any non restored car... It has a dime size hole and some lumps behind the drivers rear tire (My thinking is a 4"x6" cut and patch would fix it)

It has 2 small dings in the roof where a golf ball hit it.

The interior, body and trim are all 100% original to the car with no missing parts other than the front lap belts that were replaced with racing lap belts.

I that 3 sets of hub caps that go with the car.... Show quality set of factory wire full wheel covers, poverty caps and the more standard full wheel cover (Not the ones where the lug nuts show).

$20,000

IMG_0091.jpg

IMG_0090.jpg

IMG_0089.jpg

IMG_0083.jpg

IMG_0076.jpg

IMG_0080.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back