Real Newbie Here!

-

soul60s

Reaction score
Hi All,

I am new to everything. This forum and to muscle cars. Well, not new to the cars, they bring back memories but new to having one and new to restoring one. Shoot, I am learning everything from how things are built to how to paint. My husband loves mopars too and he was the one who got me into it. He's a mechanic but has never been able to restore a car (the ex would stop him every time he tried). I have no clue what to do with a motor but I will know soon. I have a 73 and 75 Duster (one was a donor car) and my husband has a 68 barracuda fastback with a notchback as a donor car. We have two 440's for the cars. I have been OBSESSED since I started this. The Allpar Forum recommended your site to me because I had questions they felt are better answered here.

I want to put a 72 Dart or Demon front clip on my duster and switch out the tail panel. Basically, I want a demon. I can't find the front clip yet but I am looking. The 73 gold duster has all the parts (interior, dash, etc) and the 75 was a race car. No interior, huge roll cage, racing seats, racing dash, etc. I don't want this stuff but the body is in better condition. So I want the best of both put together and then turned into a demon. I saw here that someone did that. When I saw that, I felt at home. If my 75 becomes a demon, do I call it a demon or a duster legally? Is it a no-no to alter things like lights or interior? Does all this lower the value? I am not doing this to sell it. I want to drive it but one day if I do, I just want to recoup the money I put into it. So far, between the cars, parts I bought and engine and tranny, I have spent about $1200. Got the 440 with a tranny for $200 and $500 for each car. Paid $91 for a dash pad. So I'm not in it deep. But need to keep things in mind. I just want to feel the power of a mopar. The sound, vibration, etc. Nothing like it.

Also, has anyone heard of a gold duster with factory lemon twist paint? I can't find another one.

Nice to be here. Great site!

Joanne

Welcome Joanne!!
The Allpar forum has spoke the truth and there are some of
the best of the best here.
I myself am not a good tec, I am starting a project myself.
Give these guys and galls time to chime in and they can help.
Funny you bring up my favorite color Lemon twist.:cheers:
Hope you enjoy this great site, So jump on in.
Do you have any picture's!=P~

These are both cars. Both are very rough. The racing one has a better body but the other has better interior. Quite a bit of rust on the 73.

73 back seat.jpg

race back seat.jpg

73 dash.jpg

race dash.jpg

race front.jpg

73 front.jpg

race side.jpg

73 side.jpg

race front seat.jpg

-
Back