Really wanted tail stripe but

-

1970-dart

Reaction score
did not want the cost and it did not have to be perfect in this daily driver lol. I will figure out the pin stripe stuff another time a im working on ideas for the hood

st1.jpg
st2.jpg
st3.jpg
st4.jpg
st5.jpg
st6.jpg
st7.jpg
st8.jpg
st9.jpg
st10.jpg

you can buy 1/4 inch pinstripe in all sorts of colors including red for cheap at the local parts huts or on line. I buy black all the time

Should've tried out plastidip. Looks good tho

Thanks. I could have spent the money but it's just a driver so it don't have to be perfect lol.

Now I'm working on a scheme for the hood LOL. The center will stay the same and the outside ( just hood not top of the fenders)and the front will be red.

ok hood has been stripped and repainted. its not perfect and not gonna be an exact match but its better than the crappy red **** i put on there

lol.
h1.jpg
h2.jpg
h3.jpg
h4.jpg
h5.jpg

Last edited:
ok hood is fixed and it matches much better than i thought it would for being paint that my buddy just had dragging around from an old project from like 5 years ago lol. pinstripe on the tail stripe is pretty much done and i just gotta tidy it up a bit. I got rid of the pin stripe on the side and clay barred the whole car so while Its far from perfect and I only have a few hours and like 20 bucks wrapped up in it. I am happy with it and that's all that matters.

car11.jpg
car12.jpg
car13.jpg

still need to work on the residue from the side pinstripe i removed but its getting close

car1.jpg
car2.jpg
car3.jpg
car4.jpg
car5.jpg
car6.jpg
car7.jpg
car8.jpg
car9.jpg
car10.jpg

i think the stripe goes to far forward at the bottom ( from the marker light down) and the roll pan thing under the bumper is not lined up perfect. i did not have that pan with me when i did the quarters and think that the bottom of the quarters ended up in a little farther than they should have causing the pan to stick out a little on each side. it was the only piece of metal behind the doors i did not replace and it was rough and needed fill. so i will get a new one and cut it right in the center (behind the license plate) and then line it up and weld it back together. you will never seethe cut and repair ( to narrow the pan) because it will be behind the plate

That looks pretty damn good for only having $20 in it. Much better without the tail stripe/pinstripe overlap.

-
Back