rear 1/4 glass and regulator removal

-

gdbuick

Reaction score
Hello,
I have read thru the posts here, utube and the how to section has a nice article Quarter window Regulator installation. Also found this write up. Side Glass, Regulators, and Window Alignment

In the how to section the glass has been removed from window mount. The motor trend article doesn't show how they took out the rear glass only the assembly and missing some key pictures IMO. They did not separate the glass window from the window mount from pictures. They mention not to attempt unbolting the window glass from the mount as the bolts will likely snap off. My question is it possible to remove 1/4 window glass while attached to the mount? Side Glass, Regulators, and Window Alignment

I envision you would pull out window slide, unbolt regulator and separate glass/mount from regulator while down inside the qtr panel and then be able to pull up the rear 1/4 glass attached to the mount that has the roller slide openings in it pulling up thru top opening of qtr window opening? Wanted to ask before I made a mess down in an area where you can't see well. I do have spare window assembly mounted to a bench so at least I could see what I'm up against as my first time. I was able to disassemble my bench mounted window and reassemble. The picture of just window with blue masking tape labeled "will this fit thru" is what I'm referring to as glass window with mount attached.

working on 68 dart 2 door hard top

IMG_3716.jpg

IMG_3717.jpg

IMG_3718.jpg

IMG_3727.jpg

it might if you take the top panell off. the panel that goes from the back of the front door to the wheel tub. i am selling both my 1/4 glasses from my 70 dart and i think we will cut the whole thing out like the part you have in the vise. will try to get pics of it when i go back outside.

That is how I removed mine. I detached the glass/mount assembly from the regulator and slid it out the top of the window opening. Then slid the regulator assembly out. The a-body quarter glass assemblies are a real bear to work on. Getting it back in is harder than taking them out.

That is how I removed mine. I detached the glass/mount assembly from the regulator and slid it out the top of the window opening. Then slid the regulator assembly out. The a-body quarter glass assemblies are a real bear to work on. Getting it back in is harder than taking them out.

Thanks
Glad to hear that’s how it’s done. Yes, does look super tricky to put back together as it was confusing enough just on the bench with two side access!

here are some pics i took just a few minutes ago. the 1st pic is of the metal peices removed and 2nd pic is of opening at the top. not sure it will come out that way but who knows for sure. i will tomorrow.

20230218_114512.jpg

20230218_114441.jpg

Thanks for the pictures. That’s the stage we are at currently as well.

-
Back