Rear axle brake lines

-

dustertogo

Reaction score
Here's the deal. I'm installing Strange D60 rear in my 73 Duster and I'm trying to find some stainless steel rear axle brake lines. Now since the Dana 60 never came in a production A body, I'm not having much luck finding any. I've checked out Right Stuff, Inline tube, and Classic tube, but they only list the ones for the 7 1/4, 8 1/4, and 8 3/4 rears naturally. Now I know I can go to the parts store and buy the different lengths of the mild steel lines and bend it myself to fit, but all of the other lines on the car are stainless and I'd like to do this just once. Will any of the ones for the other rears be bent closely enough for the Dana application that they will work and will not look bad? Anybody got any suggestions?

the 8 3/4 will be the same. i got a set from from finelines. tell them you are going with rear-disk and they'll put the correct ends on. and you can get them in stainless. just check out the location of the ventplug/brake line block they change in 1970 and place them on the axle tube and 69 and early on the top of the housing.

Hey thanks for the info jet-taz. I called up Finelines and they have some on the way. Thanks again.

-
Back