Rear Axle Hardlines

-

mopowers

Reaction score
For those of you with stock length A body rearends and B-body brake offsets- where did you buy you rear hard lines??? I called http://finelinesinc.com/. They are an awesome company, but the hardlines listed on their site are for stock application and the gentlemen I spoke to said the lines they stock wouldn't fit based on the 10" B-body backing plates because the wheel cylinder is in a slightly different place. Anyone else run into this problem??? Is the offset on a A-body backing plate that much different from a B-body backing plate??? I'd make my own lines, but I'm not too confident in my flaring ability.

Thanks guys!!!

I made all mine front to back no leaks. Flaring is not as hard as you may think. The whole job took me about 4-6 hours. They are not perfect but they do not leak.

For those of you with stock length A body rearends and B-body brake offsets- where did you buy you rear hard lines??? I called http://finelinesinc.com/. They are an awesome company, but the hardlines listed on their site are for stock application and the gentlemen I spoke to said the lines they stock wouldn't fit based on the 10" B-body backing plates because the wheel cylinder is in a slightly different place. Anyone else run into this problem??? Is the offset on a A-body backing plate that much different from a B-body backing plate??? I'd make my own lines, but I'm not too confident in my flaring ability.

Thanks guys!!!

I'm surprised they won't just make them for you? I guess they probably need your car to mock up.

Best of luck.

I'm surprised they won't just make them for you? I guess they probably need your car to mock up.

Best of luck.

They said they'd make them for me if I sent them a coat hanger template. Really nice guys to talk to btw... I think I'm just gonna grab a roll of tubing and give it a go myself. I just kinda wanted stainless, and there's no way I'm gonna be messing with making my own stainless lines.

-
Back