Rear axle position

-

Plumcrazyfreak

Reaction score
I just upgraded my rear springs on my 70 Duster. The axle perch has three holes in it. Can i set the axle perch on the spring mount pin in any one of the perch holes. I would like to gain 1" clearence for a larger tire. If I position the perch & axle using the most forward hole does anyone see any problems associated with it ?
Thanks

I just upgraded my rear springs on my 70 Duster. The axle perch has three holes in it. Can i set the axle perch on the spring mount pin in any one of the perch holes. I would like to gain 1" clearence for a larger tire. If I position the perch & axle using the most forward hole does anyone see any problems associated with it ?
Thanks

No, if you use the front or rear holes it wil put the shock plates and u- bolts in a strange position. You can elongate the center hole a little to move it back.

Your correct about the U bolt position. I like the spacer idea. What is the correct position of the rear hangers. Right now they are angled forward about 1 ".

Here is a diagram I found on the subject of Spring, Hanger and shackle positions

rearsuspension_17.jpg

Thanks for the Info. My shackle position is at the wrong angle. How would a person normaly change that angle ?

-
Back