Rear Bumper Sticker

-

FomocoReformed

Reaction score
This is something I have been mulling over for some time now so I figure I shall consult the wise forum genie about it. :read2: A little background, my dart will be going into a local shop soon for about 10k worth of body and interior restoration, hurts the wallet but the guy is a pro with classics and does top notch work. He only works on one car a time so I have a few months to decide what I want until my slot rolls around.

Anyway on to the issue. My car, being a former granny mobile, still has the original deal sticker from 1970 on the rear bumper (pic). Problem is, the rear bumper needs to be re-chromed or replaced. I'm getting her done up with all her original colors and options so I'd like to keep the sticker preserved as well. Should I try and get the bumper rechromed and preserve the sticker on it, or just transfer the sticker to a new bumper? Either way what would be the best way to even do this?

IMG_2282.jpg

Mabby some one can make you a new sticker. Then you can have a few of them. Don't know if that is posible or not. Just a thought.

Shoot a digital close up picture of the sticker and take the camera chip to your local vinyl
graphics shop with the measurements of the sticker, they can reproduce it for you.

Kenny

Here at FABO, GTGrinly makes this sort of stuff. Get a good picture of the sticker to him and let him give you a quote. Turn around and quality is good. On Leanna's recommendation, he did the decals for me for my M/T valve covers that she uses as her avatar.

Yes..it is easy to do that..I only allowed sponsor's stickers on the bikes..so company didb't have stickers so I made them..The first thing you have to do is go down to the print shop and ask what format do they need the sticker in..jpeg, psd, pdf. bmp, etc..

If you need help, pm me and I will help you....

Ian.

GTGrinly has been doing all my shop decals for years now, and the quality is outstanding.

FoMoCo, I can tell you're a guy after my own heart. I refuse to remove these Super Shops decals too, and will have had my Cuda for 20 years this coming April. :-D

View attachment 178211

Well I should be able to get a decent picture of the sticker sometime this weekend. Sounds like GTGrinly is the one to get in touch with for a quote on that so I'll be sure to shoot him a PM when I can get the pictures.

CudaChick, I love old school stickers. Buddy of mine has a '65 mustang with all kinds of old stickers plastered on the underside of the hood. All parts/oil/filter manufacturers from when the car was used as a racer in the 70s.

-
Back