Rear diff

-

ramman7284

Reaction score
Ive got a Dana 44 that my uncle gave me a Chrysler 9 1/4 out of a 84 4x4 and a 7 1/4 that's in my duster I'm curious wat would b better to build and find a disc brake set up for

I think cost wise the D44 would be cheaper.
With that said, I have never broke a 9.25
D44 if the tires hook good by spider gears.

Think about this OEM axles in my dads 78 power wagon is 9.25 rear, and a 44 front.
Which do you think is stronger?

My daily driver is an 84 4x4 with a 9.25 rear Dana 44 up front and I've abused that truck and I no the 44 r almost bullet proof when built right but it kinda seems hard to find a descent disc setup for both when they r originally drums

I think cost wise the D44 would be cheaper.
With that said, I have never broke a 9.25
D44 if the tires hook good by spider gears.

Think about this OEM axles in my dads 78 power wagon is 9.25 rear, and a 44 front.
Which do you think is stronger?

spiders break when you hook with a D-44.... only god knows how many times i have hooked, i couldn't even begin to think about how many times i hooked.

mopar was to cheap to put Dana's front and rear and had no corp axle to use up front.

I no a lot of ppl are sayin with experience of parts breakin cuz of drag racing I'm sayin as using and building a nice looking street car that performs great

I drag race and road race my d-44 it sees as much as 700hp at times, it hasn't broken yet.... If you break a d-44 and you're not bouncing the rear over rocks or just doing plain stupid things with it you need to find a real builder

Supershafts said:
I drag race and road race my d-44 it sees as much as 700hp at times, it hasn't broken yet.... If you break a d-44 and you're not bouncing the rear over rocks or just doing plain stupid things with it you need to find a real builder

Now I wnt be runnin that much ponies I'd like to have around 400 but I'm also which one is cheaper to build and I found a rear suspension I'd like to have but the only built them to fit the 8.75 d60 or 9.25

If you have a D-44 already and it's somewhere near the right width then you're already close and now need someone to do the rest for you.
If you want you can find a jeep and get that or it's disc set up

I haven't really done any checking but I'm sure I'll have to have either one shortened

-
Back