Rear differential from 67 or 75 new yorker

-

72chargerguy

Reaction score
What rear diff would be in a '67 new yorker with a 440 and what would be in a '75 New Yorker with a 440? I am looking for a rear that will handle 600 hp and I can get my hands on either of these cars, but they are burried in a field and I can't get out there to see what have unless I am going to buy them. Help please.

I would think that the 67 would have an 8.75 whereas the 75 would have the 9.25 Although I do not know that for sure, I do know that the 75 would not have an 8.75 unless someone transplanted it there.

which one should I go for? I would prefer a dana 60, but I don't have one of those.

1 believe the 9.25 is a c clip type rearwhich is undesireable. the 8.75 has more gear choices and you can get aftermarket caps ansd a backbrace. 600 ponys is a lot for any stock rear. dana can handle it but theyre heavy and expensive unless you take a truck one and build it yourself.

Thats where I have been leaning, but I would have to take it from a decent car, the 75 is not worth much. I will likely go with the 9" ford my buddy has. it needs cut down, but so would the others and its already out of the car.

If you happen to find a ford 9`inch bronco housing `66 to 77 the early ford Bronco, the rear with axles is 58 inches, .5 inches wider than a-body, becareful not to confuse it with a 8 inch rear housing as ford also used those in some of the 6 cylinder models, the axles can be drilled for the large mopar pattern as the bronco had 5 on 5 wheels, a very large flange, you can also buy disc kits for the housing, they also came in 28 or 31 sline axles lockers and tru tracks....

-
Back