Rear differential info on fender tag ?

-

44o gts dart

Reaction score
Question??? Is the rear differential ratio 3:55 (567) , or 3:92 (568) found anywhere on fender tag of 1969 gts M code ? Or is it only seen on broadcast sheet and window sticker?? The carrier is gone ‍♂️

GTS code book shows Fender tag codes
3.91 is A31 but not available with 440 engine
3.55 is A36 avail on 440 engine with auto trans

GTS code book shows Fender tag codes
3.91 is A31 but not available with 440 engine
3.55 is A36 avail on 440 engine with auto trans
But all the literature states that 3.55 is standard and 3.91 was an option…

Did,a little more research, saw a fender tag of a real 440 Dart. Apparently the Hamtramck tag does not show the drivetrain build codes , like my lynch road b-body tag does. It doesn't even show any "A" codes. Just the "M" and Y39.
The tag I saw is for a car that the owner had professionally restored, and claims it has the optional 3.91 gears.

Did,a little more research, saw a fender tag of a real 440 Dart. Apparently the Hamtramck tag does not show the drivetrain build codes , like my lynch road b-body tag does. It doesn't even show any "A" codes. Just the "M" and Y39.
The tag I saw is for a car that the owner had professionally restored, and claims it has the optional 3.91 gears.
I agree, neither my M-code ‘cuda nor my 340S Barracuda, both Hamtramck have the rear end code listed on the fender tag.

I agree, neither my M-code ‘cuda nor my 340S Barracuda, both Hamtramck have the rear end code listed on the fender tag.
That’s exactly what I had found,,,the lynch fender tags , were throwing me off. Thank you all for your research and time

-
Back