rear disc brake help??

-

BARRACUDA340S

Reaction score
My Dana will have wilwood disc's and I currently run front disc rear drum. Will I need to get another proportioning valve for the rear disc?? and can I use my current master cylinder?

Which master cylinder are you using? As far as the proportioning valve goes, I would just run an adjustable one for the rear. Most master cylinders are biased to the front, but with the disc in the rear you're going to have to "dial" out the rear a little more. In fact your rear discs will end up being a lot bigger than your fronts so you'll have to take out a lot of rear brake. Have Moser send you a Wilwood adjustable proportioning valve when they send the rear end. When you get it all together just dial it in til you have the balance you like. When you first try it the rears will probably lock up with out the car nosing over. As you dial out the rear the nose will start dropping before the rears start locking up.

The heads are looking good. Just cleaned them up a little and they look great. What head gaskets did you use with them? I didn't see anything on the edelbrock website about what type of head gasket to use/not use. I don't want to do anything to ruin them.

-
Back