Rear door lock rod linkage needed

-

Dartnewbie

Former Dart owner
Reaction score
I went to change my lock knobs and discovered the right rear door lock rod is gone and someone rigged a cable in place of the linkage. The knob was barbed onto the cable and would not come off without breaking the cable. So I am looking for the rods and bellcrank that go from the lock knob to the lock so I can lock and unlock the door. All the other doors have the regular threaded rod going to the lock knob. Should consist of a 2 rods and a bellcrank. I really hope someone has one out there. This sucks!!

doorlock.jpg

Well it appears I may have two different year doors on my car. The passenger side is designed for a cable lock knob and the rest of the car has the rod type knobs. So I guess all else being the same, I need the rod stuff. The driver's side door has two screws on the inside edge which I assume attach the bellcrank for the rod. The passenger door does not have these screws in the same location. Worse case scenario I replace the entire lock setup with the 63 stuff but hopefully just the locking rod stuff will work. So Waggin if you read this, please try and find the little chrome trim piece around the knob hole and I need the screws that go with the bellcrank mount. I also need the rod clips for the bellcrank and the handle end of the long rod. What should have been a 20 second job of changing the lock knob has now resulted in changing the door internals to match the rest of the car. Go figure.

-
Back