rear drum brake

-

mopar head

Reaction score
A thin spring washer came with my kit, but I have no idea where it would go?
I did`nt notice anything like this on disassembly. different application?
Rear is off a 72 C body.
Is their a torque spec. on the housing end nuts? if so what is it?
Thanks

Remember the pins you had to drive through the shoes that the e brake levers pivot on? Those washers go between the lever and the shoe. The washers usually disappear after 3 or 4 applications of the emergency brake so don't sweat it this time. Do it again though.....

Hey Grump, the pins I had to press in were for the adjuster lever.
The e-brake levers have the pins incorperated and are held on with a new clip provided.
So they go behind the e-lever anyhow?
I`ve completely assembled both sides and if not really necessary, I`d rather not blow it back apart.
thanks

They go between the ebrake lever and the shoe. Don't know why and don't think it is all that important. I just remember finding one in place and the light bulb going off and thinking "So that's where those %$#@&&^ things go" and I've put them there ever since... Remember it for next time if ya want....

I found the torque spec on the nuts. 30-35.
A new concern has arised, the new axles I bought has threaded bolts .
oem has the studs that a shoulder stands out that are larger than the studs that accept the drum holes.
The hub register will keep the drum concentric and my wheels are lugcentric.
I`m worried that the drum may shift back and forth, or should it be ok?

Good to see ya posting Grumpus, seemed you were inactive for a year or so?

They go between the ebrake lever and the shoe. Don't know why and don't think it is all that important. I just remember finding one in place and the light bulb going off and thinking "So that's where those %$#@&&^ things go" and I've put them there ever since... Remember it for next time if ya want....

...anti rattle

Well, I have raced a lot with the drums and wheels like that. If it ever shifts, it shifts once. With the wheels torqued up tight, it always seemed to hold up for me. It was for racing (Rally) on dirt and gravel so no huge amounts of braking torque could be generated. (And not a Mopar)

-
Back