Rear end clunk turning left

-
What kind of additive are you running?

The Sta-Lube Equa-Torque brand sold by Napa and AutoZone does not work nicely with fresh, clutch sure-grips.

I recommend Ford Motorsport/Motorcraft or GM/Delco Limited Slip Additive.

Well guys I put the additives in and went to take the Duster out for a spin. When I realized I now have even bigger problems. Have a nasty knock coming from the bottom end of my new engine. Got out the tethascope and sounds like it's coming from the crank. Took the oil filter off, cut it in half and checked the paper for metal. Sure enough metal shards. Some Almost like thin finger nail clippings ( silver).
Oh boy.

What kind of additive are you running?

The Sta-Lube Equa-Torque brand sold by Napa and AutoZone does not work nicely with fresh, clutch sure-grips.

I recommend Ford Motorsport/Motorcraft or GM/Delco Limited Slip Additive.

Before I ran this CVR or something can't remember. Today I put in redline but didn't get a chance to test because of the bigger problems

Well guys I put the additives in and went to take the Duster out for a spin. When I realized I now have even bigger problems. Have a nasty knock coming from the bottom end of my new engine. Got out the tethascope and sounds like it's coming from the crank. Took the oil filter off, cut it in half and checked the paper for metal. Sure enough metal shards. Some Almost like thin finger nail clippings ( silver).
Oh boy.

Bummer! Been there and done that with my 1st 360. I learned the hard way stock center sump oil pans do very little to keep oil where it should be on hard take-offs

Yah... Have no idea what's wrong yet. Just came from nowhere this morning. Still have great oil pressure ;)

-
Back