Rear end hot rim to rim...

-
Dubob said:
Just a quick thought. Does the exhaust exit out of the main part of the car or does it exit in front of rear axle? If in front of rear axle does it have turn downs?

Turn downs for now. Need custom exhaust work to get past the 4 link. TTI 3" ceramic coated with inside thermal coating for entire exhaust. Don't think thats an issue.

Eazy Zilla, not everyone is the contributing type so you always run the risk of side tracks being built.
Question, did the shop that rebuilt the rear leave out the axle thust buttons, which is advisable to do when switching to greens. If they left them in and the button to shaft end clearance is tight allready (lets say .005") then that amount can be taken up easily by axle axial growth from normal driving generated heat. If the clearance is zero then the shafts butt against each other putting excessive side load on the greens and getting everything hotter than hell fast. To test the theory I'd grab the passenger side axle bearing housing and since it should be the threaded housing, remove the lock and back the housing out of the rear end 1 full turn then run her for that 15 minutes. Or you can have Mark check it out and tell him I said hello.

Terry

Cause some of us don't have time to read every post. I DO use search as often as possible but did not last night. Thanks for your useless comment.
For the other questions. I'm not running synthetic and I did have sure grip additive in. Professional built my rear end, restores Mopars for a living. He's a member here, ShowAndGoResto, builds lots and knows his crap. Will have him check it out.
For the complainers of my thread, sorry to waste your previous time. I usually don't rebuttal to useless criticism but get a life. Add something productive or ignore the thread. Thanks.

Sorry, the comment wasn't directed at you. It was meant for others to read. I don't recall you questioning the use of Green Bearing. In a follow up I asked you a couple questions which you answered. We are here to help you solve a problem, not start an argument. Again, I'm sorry if you misunderstood.

Demon416 said:
Sorry, the comment wasn't directed at you. It was meant for others to read. I don't recall you questioning the use of Green Bearing. In a follow up I asked you a couple questions which you answered. We are here to help you solve a problem, not start an argument. Again, I'm sorry if you misunderstood.

No sweat. I had 2 hrs sleep last night and a bit of a short fuse today. I appreciate any help or ideas. Rear end will be coming apart, I see no getting around it. Cruise season pretty much over anyway.

No sweat. I had 2 hrs sleep last night and a bit of a short fuse today. I appreciate any help or ideas. Rear end will be coming apart, I see no getting around it. Cruise season pretty much over anyway.

Good luck with the chunk removal. Let us know what you find.

Cause some of us don't have time to read every post. I DO use search as often as possible but did not last night. Thanks for your useless comment.
For the other questions. I'm not running synthetic and I did have sure grip additive in. Professional built my rear end, restores Mopars for a living. He's a member here, ShowAndGoResto, builds lots and knows his crap. Will have him check it out.
For the complainers of my thread, sorry to waste your previous time. I usually don't rebutle to useless criticism but get a life. Add something productive or ignore the thread. Thanks.

Sorry, won't happen again. Blocked!

-
Back