Rear end rubber brake hose replacement

-

Hideogumperjr

Reaction score
Hey folks, I am replacing my rubber brake lines on the rear end of my 63 dart as I move to another rear end with 10" drums and BBP from a 73 dart.

I have found that the rubber hose I purchased has a screw fitting into the brake block that sits atop the rear end to distribute out to the rear drums, but that the original fitting on the rear end looks to be part of the original block.

Can anyone verify if the rubber hose on the block can be removed and replaced?

IF this is too confusing I will post pictures to help clear up any confusion.

As always,
Cheers and thanks!
John

This doesnt ring a bell for anyone or am I being too vague and confusing in my description?
Pictures maybe?
Thanks to all that have looked.
Blessings!
john

So I did some research on Napaonline.com and RockAuto.com and found this part which verifies that it does actually have a block as part of the rubber hose.
cheers.
http://www.napaonline.com/Catalog/C...01973+50020+2020014&Ar=AND(P_RecType:A)#Side2
top-border-600.png
Close
1083987.jpg
Side

bottom-border-600.png

Part Number: UP 36648
Product Line: Brake and Clutch Hoses and Cables

Attributes:Brake Hose End Type : Junction - (2) 3/8"-24 & Female - 3/8"-24

1070735.jpg

I noticed the difference as well. I just recently removed the 7.25 rear from my '75 Scamp, and the rubber hose was part of the brass block - as opposed to my '68 Road Runner which the hose screws into the brass block.
On my Scamp I am using the brass block that was included with the 8.75 I purchased. You could use the older style brass block on your '73 rear and get the hose that srews into the block.

I will check the old setup when I pull the rear out soon to see if it has the screw in block or the one piece block hose.
Thanks for the input guys, as always great stuff to think about!

-
Back