rear end shortening questions

-

Mopardude

Reaction score
I am putting a b-body 8 3/4 under my Dart Sport. I asked this question before but not on this board. Anyways the general reply was that I not shorten the rear and just buy wheels with offset. I am still wondering if it just wouldn't be worth having the rear shorten to a-body length to avoid any offset and tire size issues all together. I was thinking maybe finishing it all off than with some moser axels. What do you guys think?

If you need to get rims I would just leave it stock B body length

i've got a b-body rear in my barracuda, and i needed wheels, so i got 5 1/2" backspacing.....and 275/50-15 tires
Also....mine requires, at minimum, the offset shackles with those tires. I have spacers on it now that will come off as soon as i can get around to installing the offset hangers and shackles

i just saw your other post, and would recommend that you at least go with the offset hangers/shackles, that way you don't ahve to worry about tire size as much....when the PO of my car put the b-body axle in, he didn't, so now i have to cut the perches BACK off and weld new ones in place for the offsets

Well I am not sure how long its going to be before I get a new set of wheels and tires for my car. Will my 14" ralleys with 235/60's work with out any clearance issues? If they will that would be great than I could just leave rear end long and spend that money elsewhere on this project.

I dont think you'll have enough backspacing for the b body rear

-
Back