Rear end swap to an 8 3/4

-

DartVadar

Reaction score
I need a new rear end for my dart. A 400 ish HP 360 is going in and I know for a fact my 7 1/4 won't be very happy if I keep it. It's really only a street car so I figure an 8 1/4 or an 8 3/4 would work well. My dart has factory front disc brakes and the big bolt pattern. What rear should I look for that would fit with minor modifications? And is there any way I could modify the new rear to accommodate wider tires without tubbing it?

73-76 a body 8.25 would be a direct fit --have the 4.5 bolt pattern-- make it a sure grip & your all set.
8.75 is small bolt -- so you would need mods to use lbp wheels
as for wheels you need to get the rear in first then determine what off set will work-- there are threads on max wheel/tire for most cars-- not sure what you car is.

do some searching-- then hope someone within driving distance has what you need shipping will add $$ to this deal, Lawrence

I've also heard that some 8 1/4s that are in some later model Dakotas and jeeps would work, or is that incorrect? Because there are very few 73-76 a bodies around that I could steal a rear out of.

forgot about the early b bodies that would be a great fit something like a 65-67 style b is just slightly larger than an "A" & has the 4.5" bolt circle

-
Back