rear ends

-

JoseyWales

Reaction score
Is anyone running a 9" ford? I am having a hard time finding an 8 3/4 or 8 1/4 rear out here in the boonies that will fit my Dart. I found an early 70s Maverick Grabber with a 9" ford rear with 3.21s and traction lock, just wondering if anyone knew the dimensions of a Maverick rear end?

Sorry but I don't know the dimensions. But I am also going to run a 9" due to $$ and gearing. I already have a 9" housing along with two pumpkins. One with 3:00 and 4:11 with a mini-spool. Going to cut it down to fit and then order up axles. Also putting rear disc while I'm there. Dollar for dollar I can't beat it.

My buddy has the Ford 9" in his 68 Cuda Super Street car. I will ask him tomorrow if he knows the dimensions. Ron

have you thought about using a 8.75 from a B body
I now a Junk man that speclizes in Mopar stuff but, I'm in So. Cal
Complete B Body rear ends $300.00 and S/G third members 300-500

I was looking into a b-body rear but I can pick up the Maverick for $200. Grabber green 4 spd 289 4v hasnt run in 3-4 years. I was thinking if the rear will work use it and part the rest, maybe I could break even for once. It is a pretty small car I was thinking that it might just work.

If it is close on the width axle flange to axle flange then you can put new spring pads on real easy. They only cost about $15. Or if its real narrow relocate the springs inboard and use a different offset wheel. If the car is what your saying it is and it's a real Grabber supposed to be a 302. I'd sell it complete as I think it's worth much more than your going to pay for it, especially if you get it running.

The guy that owns the car said that when he bought it had a 302, but he had lots of problems with it, so he swapped in a 289. I have driven buy it every day for the last three years and finally decided to stop and talk to the owner. He said that the town council has been warning him to move it, as it has tall weeds around it and it is not registered. He said if i come get it he'll take $200 for it.

I'd give him the $200 and use the 9inch. And e-bay the rest if you have room for it. You'll get your money back. Real nice of it being there is the metal is usually safe due to dry climate. But interior is shot from the dry climate. Check e-bay for parts prices and it might calm your nerves about it.

I think I will, I'll just have to convince my wife that there will be another car out back. I just recently got the back yard free of automoblies, here we go again.

-
Back