Rear glass angle for 3rd brake light install

-

Dart Vadr

Reaction score
I'm currently restoring a 1967 Dodge Dart GT 2-door hardtop. I'd like to add a Hella LED 3rd brake light kit to the car for safety reasons. Hella offers three different brake light kits that are angled differently (20-36 degrees, 37-56 degrees, and 57-80 degrees) to support various rear glass angles. My car is at the body shop sans glass right now, so I was hoping that someone with a 67-76 2-door hardtop Dart, Valiant, or Scamp might either know the angle of the rear glass on a Dart (both top and bottom - haven't decided where to mount it) or be willing to measure the angle (perhaps with a cell phone app). I'd sure appreciate it!

I'll PayPal $20 to the first person willing to spend a few minutes measuring their back glass angles for me.

Using a cell phone kinda depends on your car's stance. Need to measure against the trunk or other reference and compare them.

This photo shows a car sitting relatively level, and the angle is measure from the shoulder on the quarter.
The angle of the back glass in the center where a 3rd brake light would go is approximately double what's shown.

I'd go 57-80 degrees, no question.

Attachments

• 20150316_201737.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 86
-
Back