rear glass install can anyone help me?

-

get dustd

Reaction score
so i have the weatherstripping, and the glass, and a car, and the sealer. Im ready to put the glass in at this point i think. As far as ive seen i put sealer around the weatherstripping to body area pretty heavily...Then put a lighter bead in the weatherstripping for the glass. then set get the glass in the groove somehow. Im thinking string in the sealer that will kinda set it in in one lap as i pull it out. then the weatherstripping seems like thats the only thing holding the glass up from the inside and from the outside the trim goes in the groove to keep it all together. Does that sound correct? am i on the right track? This is for a 72 duster if that matters. Any help or advice is appreciated.

thanks,
Joe

one of these tools helps a lot, Nylon, screwdriver sorta, to help the rubber around the corners. Other than that your on the right track, might not need sealant in the rubber to glass area, put the clothesline in, lube it up with smooth hand cleaner or dish soap. lay the glass in the bottom groove, and start pulling the rope.

found the tool here, or maybe a local autoglass installer shop would sell you one:
http://www.somaca.com/ProductDetail.asp?ProductNumber=213-3219&type=cat&cid=1&scid=36

getsmallimg.asp.jpg

IMO, Save yourself the trouble. I called Safelight auto glass. They supplied and installed my new Frt. windshield.that took all of 45 minutes. It's thinner n lighter than stock , but that's ok, I race. They also reinstalled my orig. rear glass and took 4 hrs and 2 guys to get it sitting right !!! Still charged me same price of $90. Let the pros do it ..

-
Back