Rear Glass Molding

-

Xstream_1

Reaction score
Looking for help with a problem. The chrome molding does not seem to fit properly in the upper corners on my 68 Fastback. There is almost a 1/4 inch gap between the molding and the weatherstripping The weatherstripping was purchased from YO ( Precision Replacement Parts ) #WCR DB3847. This is the original chrome and it fit fine on the old weatherstrip. I have installed the new molding clips and they sent 4 smaller clips with the set. I thought maybe the smaller ones would take care of the problem in the corners but it appears they would pull the molding below the roof line.

Xstream_1 said:
Looking for help with a problem. The chrome molding does not seem to fit properly in the upper corners on my 68 Fastback. There is almost a 1/4 inch gap between the molding and the weatherstripping The weatherstripping was purchased from YO ( Precision Replacement Parts ) #WCR DB3847. This is the original chrome and it fit fine on the old weatherstrip. I have installed the new molding clips and they sent 4 smaller clips with the set. I thought maybe the smaller ones would take care of the problem in the corners but it appears they would pull the molding below the roof line.

Sorry but I couldn't figure out how to edit my original post and I wanted to include pictures along with it.

Pass side upper.jpg

driver's side upper.jpg

-
Back