REAR MAIN OIL SEAL, RITTER BLOCK

-

Jeremy

Reaction score
I am looking for a rear main oil seal or a part number for a seal for a Ritter block with a WET sump oil pan. i found on at Hughes Engines but it is incorrect.
Thanks Jerry Davis

The rear main seal should have came with the block, I had to contact Kent about getting another one. Its a two piece rear main seal with a o ring on the outside. If you still have the wrapping from when the engine was shipped double check it, if not call Kent @1-585-610-9979, hopefully that's still his number, its been a while lol. Sorry I can't remember the name of the company that he gets them from. If you call him can you please let me know the name of that company so in case down the road I need time order a new one?

Last edited:
Here's a picture of it.

20180419_200414.jpg

Thanks everyone for all your help, I finallyhave the correct seal, I got it from Ritter himself. I had the correct part number to start with but when I called the seal company they said they couldn't have made a mistake. Well the correct seal had the same number I have now., the correct number for a wet sump is SM 87123,
Thanks again. Jerry

Jerry glad you got it figured out. What's the name of the seal company? Thank you for the part number.

-
Back