Rear package tray

-

dennday67

Reaction score
Has anyone made there own rear package tray? If so what material did you use and from where? I was looking on ebay and only one seller came up for 67-69 valiant and for a plain they wanted $50+$40s&h and for one with speaker cut outs it was $90+$40s&h. I could imagin it being all that hard to make.

Lots of things can be used. I've used cardboard, plastic sheet, even 1/4" plywood. Just make sure whatever you use as the base can have material glued or stapled to it.

The 1/4" plywood was the easiest to mount material too..

Riddler

I've made one from 1/4 inch clear plywood and another from 1/4 inch medium density fiber board. I've also made a pair of sail panels for my Charger SE with 1/8 inch medium density fiber board with very good results.

Can go take pictures of the results if anyones interested as well.

edit: I prepped then painted it black and used it as is... I was not looking for a perfect finish by any means lol

I went to Home Depot and bought a thin sheet of Masonite. Used the old shelf as a pattern. Put the textured side 'up'. Had 'em mix a quart of paint to match the seat color. Added speakers; Looks great.

I'd like to see a pic of the texured side up one???? hum interesting

Yes I made my own using poly-carbonite plastic ( like lexan but black instead of clear). I work for a company, and we make this product. Every so often we run a special order of this nice satin black with a grain finish that is perfect for making dash panels and trim peices, so I used my old cardboard original for a pattern, and made a new one that fit perfect, and everybody thinks it's factory, and the best part is it will never deteirorate like the factory cheap cardboard, and it's easy to clean. I'v thought about making them and marketing them but I never seem to find the time.

I did. I used hardboard and painted it. Then I glued the old vinyl to the front, but that didn't hold too long, so I bought new fabric and glued and stapled it to the front. I have two that I bought that were supposed to fit my car and don't. Give me your dimensions. If any of mine fit your car I will give you a smokin' deal.

-
Back