Rear Pad in 67 Dart?

-

Matthias

Reaction score
Hello,
I have a 1967 Dart Convertible and plan to install a new top. I bought a complete set from convertibletopquys. The top is actually from Kee...
Question:
Is there a rear pad or quarter pad installed at the Dart? Now there is only the rear window section with no pads installed. But is this the way it should be? All the force goes to the top instead to a pad...

Thanks
Matthias

Another question:
the rear bow is bended a bit outside, means the top of the bow goes toward the back of the car. Is this original shape?

There is a pad that runs from front bow to rear bow. There is a pad of sorts that runs from the rear bow to the deck lid.

I recently had my top replaced and have a ton of photos.

PM me and I can get you a link to the photos.

I have a little time.

1. There are small acorn nuts behind the window trim seal channel
  2. Watch where the top covers the rear glass especially at the top edge. The top should overlap the glass
  3. There is a webbing like material that goes from the corners of the rear curtain tack strip that bolts onto the car And the rearmost bow.
  4. The replacement cables broke when installed, keep the originals as you might need them.
  5. There are foam pads that go between the body and the top once it is attached to the rear rack strips. Detroit muscle tech sells them, dart and cuda are NOT the same. Detroit Muscle Technologies, LLC Mopar & AMC muscle car restoration gaskets
  6. Wrinkles will not work themselves out.
  7. Get the top tight BUT not too tight. Mine causes the doors to shut differently with the top up vs down
  8. The generic pads don't fit correctly. You might have to custom make some.
  9. There is a small plastic part in some of the folds of the pads. It's there for a reason. (Helps keep top from creasing when down IIRC)
  10. The metal rail inside the car that runs around the deck opening IS the water drain, it drains into the rocker / front quarter panel area. BE SURE the drain holes under the car on the rockers are clear and open.
  11. Be sure the front bottom egde of the top near the back lower corner of the rear side windows us able to drain into the water channel.
  12. There is a rubber seal at the front of the header bow, it is held in by a metal strip that also holds the large header seal.
Cant think of anything else right now.

Reach out with specific questions.

Anybody knows what is this good for?

IMG_20210529_095202.jpg

IMG_20210529_095208.jpg

The sharp edge of the front bow will touch the top. Is there anything missing to protect it?

Unbenannt.JPG

The sharp edge of the front bow will touch the top. Is there anything missing to protect it
There is a plastic strip that goes on there, it is about 10 to 19mm tall and "U" shaped.

BTW, the wrinkles in your pad WILL show through the top.

Strip that goes on front header bow to protect top.
16223236417984146024703819031544.jpg

Achorn nut that goes on screw that holds window seal trim on
16223236739105413761464306015603.jpg

Proper front header molded seal.
16223237270064369314446435836478.jpg

Something to watch out for... The top should overlap the glass opening in the curtain. The top manufacturer and the installer messed up but it is close enough for now.
16223319964993686829797832647417.jpg

Last edited:
IMG_20210606_071838.jpg

Installing is in process. I'm going crazy trying to get the wrinkles out.
I regret not taking a professional installer. But its hard to find somebody that can do this job in Germany. The only one I found told me that he maybe can do it in the wintertime...
I wonder how the wrinkles change when the top gets warm in the sun.
I am also not sure if the Kee top has the perfect shape...

Strip that goes on front header bow to protect top.
There is a plastic strip that goes on there, it is about 10 to 19mm tall and "U" shaped.

Do you have a more clear view of this piece? Is it available anywhere? Seems like I'm missing this piece. Either it wasn't on the car when I bought it or I threw it away with the old top. I'll have to go back and look at my pictures.

Edit: If it were installed, it would be visible here correct?

dart 126a.jpg

Last edited:
Achorn nut that goes on screw that holds window seal trim on
Do these go on every screw that holds the weather stripping channel in place? (on all three sections per side) How may total are there? This is something I missed while taking pictures durring disassembly.

Sorry for the late response but yes on every screw. I think it mostly to keep fingers from getting hurt.

Any updated photos?

-
Back