Rear quarter window question .....

-

rebeldart

Reaction score
I was sent the wrong rollers - nice try by a vendor. On my 73 Swinger ... I need the nylon roller (or assembly) that rides in the rearmost track - sits at a 45 and the roller is gone leaving the stud with the 3/8" or so steel ball - know what I mean ? Appears to me the roller itself may not be replaceable but may need the assembly ? Anybody got a diagram for reference ? Don't even mention R/T Specialties - not an option for me. Thanks for the help.

That's it but.....50 bucks a piece ? Give me a break .... I could probably find a whole used assembly for less - I'll start looking.

CP-764325.jpg

Laysons...that's where I got mine. Good service

On my 69 Dart the right side roller was gone.Someone here said remove the track that it slides up and down on.So I did and my glass goes up and down fine with out it.Your right 50 bucks pricey.Lysons emailed me a price 35 American.for one.

No doubt you can find a used one for a fraction of what these companies are charging. Too bad - i just scrapped a 70 Dart that had all the glass and regulators and such - I would have sent it to you for the cost of shipping.

I'll find a set - it's cruisin' weather so windows can stay down as long as I avoid rain. This track really helps guide the window at the right angle, without it I have to grab it and ease it into place when fully up and snug, probably can live without it for awhile .... Thanks.

I was in the exact same situation. I wound up buying the kit. For a few bucks more, I got everything. I figured if I didn't use it, maybe someone else could. I still have one good original roller assembly like in the pic, and a few extra miscellaneous rollers and clips. Some decent original, and some new, if you're interested. Let me know if I can help.
Eric

Just got a reply from Layson .... 29.00 each. Jims wants 49.00 each, what's up with that ? R/T is worthless regarding response times/assistance/customer svc. May have just been a couple of bad experiences for me only, but it was enough to turn me sour against R/T. I'm sure they're good people (?).

Just got a reply from Layson .... 29.00 each. Jims wants 49.00 each, what's up with that ? R/T is worthless regarding response times/assistance/customer svc. May have just been a couple of bad experiences for me only, but it was enough to turn me sour against R/T. I'm sure they're good people (?).

I think Year One`s price for the kit is somewhere in the $85.00 range which doesn`t sound that bad now. It contains 2 rollers with the steel pins and 4 rollers without the pins as well as the retainers. Jacksautoparts used to carry the kit for around $60.00. I don`t think they`ve had it in stock for a year or more though.

Just happen to have two in the oldschool inventory. Make me a reasonable offer if your interested. Magazine & quilt not included. Thanks

Oldschoolcuda

I made my own using a plastic cutting board of the same thickness. Use a hole saw to cut out the roller, then chuck it into a drill using a grinding wheel attachment. Then I used a second drill with a small bit to cut the groove. Spin the 2 drills, and lay the side of the bit into your new roller. Use light pressure and you will cut a nice rounded groove into the roller.

Costs about $4

-
Back