Rear seat belts 65 valiant

-

Andgott

Reaction score
I got my new valiant home, and I am in the process of getting her All cleaned up and ready to enjoy.

One of the safety upgrades that going to need to do to is to install rear seat belts... I have them in the front, but not back, and before I can take my daughter for a cruise I need to fix that!

I understand, from what I've read, that the car is likely already ser up to just bolt them in place... Does anyone know exactly where the mounts are?

Also- how does the rear seat come out? One side seems to "pop" out at the top when I pull on it, like its on a spring clip or something ?

Thanks

Push the seat down and back on the front edge, then lift. It should come right out. The seat back has two bolts under it behind the seat bottom. My 64 had belts in the back so I'm sure the 65 should have the mount points which will be readily visible when the seat is out.

On my 65 barracuda, I found dimples on the floor pan that matched my other car with belts from the factory. I have some pictures and info on my site... Blog.dalerichardson.com

I put a lap belt in mine on pass side and even an upper anchor point for child's car seat in my 65. Look for the dimples as mentioned before.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 333
Thanks. I got the seats out (and found the broadcast sheet!), I think I found the right spots to drill. I ordered some new lap belts- Once they get here I'll put them in!

i remember at the time the factory's resisted seat belts. what they did was put anchor points on the body but no belts, 62-63? then belts in front only, 64-65? sorry my memory fails some what.

This might help some. 66 Barracuda.

Attachments

• 11-17-2012-3 cleaned seatbelts and mounted.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 465
Thanks! I can see that the front mounting points are in the same spot... I think I've found the right spot for the rear ones. Belts are ordered hopefully I'll have them for the weekend!

I took rear belts from junked Audi 80. Got 3-point belts with roll under package tray. Had to make all mounting points, but wanted 3-point belts. Both kids has their own :)

I got the rear drivers side belt installed, Then put it all back together to make sure it all fit-

0628Belts_zpsc9f77264.jpg

0628Bolts_zps275f3930.jpg

It all worked out well. I jacked the car up and removed the wheel to make it easier to get at things (I wanted to inspect the brakes anyway). Even with that, it was only about a 20 minute job. I WAS going to get the passenger side done too, but was too nice of a night, so we went for a drive. It was my daughters first trip in the car, and she LOVED it!

I'll get the job finished up this week as my work schedule allows.

Oh- I got the belts here-

https://www.seatbeltsplus.com/

Good prices, and fast shipping.

-Andrew

-
Back