Rear seat cover help...

-

Grumpy Pete

Reaction score
When I purchased my 65 Barracuda, it was missing front seats. When replacing them, I opted for the slimer 66 dart gt seats so that I could fit a console in there.

That being said, now that I am looking at Legendary covers for the front.... I am not sure how to handle the rear.... Can a 66 dart gt rear bench cover fit properly on a 65 barracuda? Or am I just going to be forever mismatched and sad? Advice/ideas?

Thank you in advance!

Use 66 Barracuda seat covers on the Dart fronts and Barracuda rear. Bucket seat frames are the same for Dart, Valiant and Barracuda for 66.

When I purchased my 65 Barracuda, it was missing front seats. When replacing them, I opted for the slimer 66 dart gt seats so that I could fit a console in there.

That being said, now that I am looking at Legendary covers for the front.... I am not sure how to handle the rear.... Can a 66 dart gt rear bench cover fit properly on a 65 barracuda? Or am I just going to be forever mismatched and sad? Advice/ideas?

Thank you in advance!

No, a 66 Dart rear bench cover is way too wide. Why not just order a 66 Barracuda front and rear upholstery kit? I realize the pattern is wrong but at least it all fits.

I had basically the same situation as you. My 65 wagon upholstery was beyond help with no one making a kit for it. I got to looking at a 65 Barracuda rear seat I had and found out if the Barracuda folding seat brackets were used, this seat bolts right in like it was made for a wagon. I had no 65 buckets but did have a set of 66 Dart buckets, which are the same as 66 Barracuda buckets (and 67 A and B Body buckets as well but with 67 style covers). So I ordered a set of front/rear upholstery in the 66 Barracuda pattern. Legendary also made me matching covers for a 68 B Body buddy seat in the same color.

I understand Legendary is now doing some custom work - maybe check with them and see if they'll do the 65 pattern in the 66 covers. Hope this is of some help!

No, a 66 Dart rear bench cover is way too wide. Why not just order a 66 Barracuda front and rear upholstery kit? I realize the pattern is wrong but at least it all fits.

I had basically the same situation as you. My 65 wagon upholstery was beyond help with no one making a kit for it. I got to looking at a 65 Barracuda rear seat I had and found out if the Barracuda folding seat brackets were used, this seat bolts right in like it was made for a wagon. I had no 65 buckets but did have a set of 66 Dart buckets, which are the same as 66 Barracuda buckets (and 67 A and B Body buckets as well but with 67 style covers). So I ordered a set of front/rear upholstery in the 66 Barracuda pattern. Legendary also made me matching covers for a 68 B Body buddy seat in the same color.

I understand Legendary is now doing some custom work - maybe check with them and see if they'll do the 65 pattern in the 66 covers. Hope this is of some help!

I really appreciate this advice, I will most likely get a set of the 66 legendary cuda kits. Do you recommend getting them directly through legendary or via classic industries (on sale?)

Classic and other dealers get them from Legendary at a good discount (I was a Legendary dealer years ago) so get them from whoever has them on sale. Same with carpeting - ACC make 95% (or more) of all auto carpet.

Classic and other dealers get them from Legendary at a good discount (I was a Legendary dealer years ago) so get them from whoever has them on sale. Same with carpeting - ACC make 95% (or more) of all auto carpet.
Yeah, watch for sales.
Legendary shows up at the larger Mopar shows and offers s 20% discount if ordered then. Their web site should list upcoming shows. Mopar Nats is coming up soon which is where I ordered some of mine.

Just an FyI-

Check Legendary and just ask the sales person of rear dart pattern can be used to make the rear seat correct.

Also there are plenty of local talent that can take the upolstry you buy and make it fit.
Legendary has a ton of the products under the covers. Again- just ask them. Nice people and the custom work is reasonable.

-
Back