Rear seats question

-

moparlee

64 Valiant
Reaction score
Does a 64 and 65 Valiant's have the same rearseat by chance. Another words will they interchange? Thanks in advance.

Lee

That's what I wanted to here. Has hard has it is to get interior parts for the 64 from the aftermarket, getting 65 stuff would work for me. Thanks again for your time.

Lee

Yeah a headliner is a bummer, as well as seat covers for my 64.

I had to measure my headliner, to get one made,
:( i didn't measure exactly correct,LOL.

If you have seats from a 64, the 65 seat covers will go on,ok.

While you have the rear seat out, add some sound proofing/
sound deadner under the rear seat to make the car quieter,
I used "Peel & Seal" from Lowes, a Lot cheaper than Dymamat..

2549headliner_project_64_Valiant_026-med.jpg

I'm pretty sure that you can order the headliner, it's just the orginal door panels and seatcovers that you couldn't get. Other than through Layson's. The 64 had the V in them which is way cool, but really my car didn't have that. My rear door panel isn't the same as a barracuda, which really surprised me. They sure looked like they would be the same. The window cranks didn't come out in the same spot. Which makes me wonder if my 2 door sedan is different that the 2 door hardtops in the Valiants?

Lee

moparlee said:
I'm pretty sure that you can order the headliner, it's just the orginal door panels and seatcovers that you couldn't get. Other than through Layson's. The 64 had the V in them which is way cool, but really my car didn't have that. My rear door panel isn't the same as a barracuda, which really surprised me. They sure looked like they would be the same. The window cranks didn't come out in the same spot. Which makes me wonder if my 2 door sedan is different that the 2 door hardtops in the Valiants?

Lee

The headliner in my Signet had a weird number of seams/bows {5}
whatever the proper term would be,LOL. [Most are 4 or 6.]

The location of the window cranks may be different, I am not sure.

Layson's has a lot of stuff, but they are expensive. :(

1964 Valiant Signet - Complete set (of 4) door panels.
64 Valiant $419.00 :sad2:

Hmm, on the bows. I'll have to go and count mine, I don't remember off hand how many. I did number them when I took them out and I kept the old one also for a pattern if need be. Ya, the door panel are nice, the person I talked to said he waited 6 months before he got them.

Lee

Well I just order a bunch of stuff. Supposedly a 5 bow headliner the signat front seat covers and rear bench seat cover, carpet the front door panels which I'm going to have the rear seat panels custom(which sucks), rear package tray, kick panels, front seat bunns, sun visors and seat back panels for the fronts.

Lee

$420 for all 4 panels isnt bad. Thats about average. Dont feel to bad. Its $400 for a carpet kit for us fastback barracuda guys.

Also be carefull when you order from Laysons, They dont always have what they say they do.

Ya, that's why I'm customizing the rear seat panel, cause I'm ordering from Dante's. Which the stuff if for a 65 Valiant and 65 Cuda. Which is all Legendary stuff I do believe.

Lee

-
Back