rear seats

-

magnumdart

There is a bad moon on the rise.
Reaction score
Way back when my youngest brother was in high school he bought a white 1969 dart. The emblems said GT Sport. It had a 340 and a 4-speed, with a green interior they call champagne I think. Sort of a light green. Here's the thing.It had rear bucket seats just like first gen chargers. Not seats that were identical but very similar. These looked factory original, as they seemed made to fit. I have never seen another like it. Was this option available or did the factory create a one off for a big wig, or did someone just do a really nice job? Any input?

like the buckets with center console? i have never seen that but would be really cool

1966-dodge-charger-426-hemi-3.jpg

I cannot recall if it had a console, but it seems to me it did have some sort of an arm rest. And yes it was very cool.

If I remember right it did not have a front console either. Just a shifter that curled around out of the hump. Oh yea, I should say it did have front buckets also.

i have seen them with deep stitching that made it look like two seats. maby they exagerated that and put a fold down armrest back there. kinda like the later darts had sometimes in the front

I'm trying to remember if the rear seats folded down or not. I'll have to e-mail my brother and find out. I probably will never be able to locate the car as it was sold to one of our cousins who was later killed in a wreck, not in the Dart though.

Im going to be using the front seats out of an F-150 in the back as a set of buckets. They have the three point seatbelts built into them.
Andrew

-
Back