Rear Shocks

-

highwaystar

Reaction score
I haven't seen much info here on rear shocks other than suggestions of Monroe and KyB. Isn't there a longer shock that works better on an A-body for hooking up. Was it suggested to use a rear shock off of a Dodge Truck?

I put Rancho 9000 adjustables on my GTS with SS springs. I love them, turn them down to 1 for street cruising, crank them up to 9 for the strip.

Thanks big,
I am thinking about those for my Cuda, but i was looking for a more affordable shock for a street cruiser that will still add a little performance.

That is more expensive than the $89.00 a piece rancho shocks. I see in one other inquiry that a medium to heavy duty hydraulic shock will work good. clamp the springs up front good, and go for street. I am looking for a good shock around 20.-40. a piece. This is just a street cruiser, not a Mopar Missile. Is there an extended length I should be looking for, and if so what application should it be from?

don't know how good it will be, but i think you can get a rear imperial shock to work, it is longer. Monroe gas matic

I will try that. i ordered some 1/2 ton Dodge truck shocks and there was a difference in the tops. The hole was narrower with a steel sleeve going thru the rubber.

Mopar Performance has them available. But I think your on the right track on the truck shocks. The parts store should have a book that will give them the shock info.

Hi Jefflock,
You think there is a truck shock that will fit my application? I wil check on that again as well.
Thanks T.j.

Well i found the standard length for a duster is compressed 14.125 and extended is 23.375 with a 1" hole at each end. The only shock I found longer with the 1" on both sides is off a 3/4 ton 2 w.d. dodge truck. The compressed length is 15.25 and the extended length is 25.62. It has 1" more travel as well 9.25 to 10.375. This is off the monroe website. I am going to give them a try and see how the old girl likes them. see if it gives it a different rake. Cheap too, for a street car, I will be around $45.00 for the pair.

well after some research I found that a 71 dart and a 71 d100 2wd will interchange they list a rancho 9000 too, as well as a monroe just an fyi.

-
Back