Rear Shocks

-

norton

Doing the best that I can
Reaction score
Does anyone know if I can use rear shocks for 2000 Dodge Dakota pick up on a 1972 Duster ?

The truck has eyelets on both sides right? Then your good to go. Or try'em out. I heard / read guys used them with S/S springs.

Yes I'll keep you informed. I guess my only concern now, is if they will be to long enough. I'm installing a new set of XHD. springs and I bought these shocks for my Dakota and never used them. So hopefully these work out, so I can at least get use out of money that I already spent.

Looked on Rockauto and basing this off KYB shocks. The extended length of a 2000 Dakota 4wd rear shock is 25.39", compressed is 15.16". 2wd is 23.43" extended and 14.17" compressed

The 72 duster rear shock extended is 21.57", and 13.39 compressed.

Hope that helps

So I think you will be fine with the Dakota shocks.

Well looks like I should be fine.
What's the worst thing that can happen ?
A hard ride ???

Well, maybe??? But you'll have the ability to do some, just some off road driving. I think rock climbing maybe out but otherwise, you could probably run a small trail in the woods pretty OK!

LMAO!

Well, maybe??? But you'll have the ability to do some, just some off road driving. I think rock climbing maybe out but otherwise, you could probably run a small trail in the woods pretty OK!

LMAO!

Rock climbing may not be out of the question. I just pulled the shocks off of the shelf, opened the box, to discover that I bought H/D, Coil over shocks for the Dakota.
Not sure I'm going to put them on the Duster now. They may just be to stiff.

-
Back