Rear speaker size...

-

mopar440_82

MONC baby!!!
Reaction score
This may sound like a dumb one, but the car isn't here right now... 1976 Valiant 2dr HT... what size is the FACTORY openning for rear package shelf speakers? Looking at speakers later this afternoon, hoping to have an idea of the size before hand ... thx, everyone!!!!! :violent1:

6x9 in my 74 Swinger and NO "Surgery" involved
Mounted them from uder the package tray so wouldnt have to put the speaker grilles ontop of the package tray cover
My cover also has the factory speaker grille in it

IIRC, one hole is 6x9 for a speaker, the other is 6x8 for a defroster blower.

It's that way on B's anyway.

YY1 is right-same with mine. 6x9 and 6x8??. All I did was use the spacer that came with the speakers to raise the speaker up more out of the hole. Fits good. Spacer was maybe 1/4" thick and I dont even have a package shelf on mine. There was a hard cardboard type insert that was flush with the top of speaker. I took it off the top and put it on the underside. No problems. If your new speakers come with those tapped clips for the speaker holes and screws- tape them in place somehow. They dont stay where you want them otherwise. Had to search for mine a few times. I was even lucky once when they fell because the speaker magnet caught them. Looked all over for the stupid clips then looked up at speaker. Magnets are good lol.

-
Back