rear spoiler choices?

-

mopar56

Reaction score
just looking for a little advise hear, I am thinking of buying my son a rear spoiler for xmas for his 74 Duster, I have been looking at the go-wing from Layson's and Classic Industries, anyone have any experience with these spoilers and vendors?, good or bad, I would get a used one but have given up on that as any time one comes up its gone in minutes and as this isn't a concourse resto its ok, thanks

They were originally made by Direct Connection out of ABS, and used plastic rivets to attach to the rear deck. I've heard rumors that they were actually tested and worked, but I've never seen any data. You can't get the DC versions anymore unless you find one used, but actually they aren't the best anyway. I have one, it's actually pretty flimsy and I've heard they were prone to cracking. There's a couple guys that make copies on eBay, I think this is probably the best version (I have one of these as well and will be using it).

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1970-1976-Plymouth-Duster-and-Dart-Sport-Rear-Spoiler-/121505437530?&_trksid=p2056016.l4276

Attachments

• 9392824540_1a79027418_o copy.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 114
aaahh! there duck tail style, I think my son is really wanting the " go wing" style though, or gull wing, dose anyone know which one was actually used on the 74 as a factory option?

Dale's Cuda shop advertises their spoilers (they have both go wing and gull wing styles) as faithful reproductions. I don't have experience with their spoilers but the stuff I have gotten has been pretty good.

aaahh! there duck tail style, I think my son is really wanting the " go wing" style though, or gull wing, dose anyone know which one was actually used on the 74 as a factory option?

I don't think they were offered in '74. That's why the deck lids stopped having the holes in the underbracing for the brackets.

-
Back