Rear U-bolts

-

rod7515

Reaction score
Just trying to get the rear end completed and Ive checked the torque specs for the nuts on the u-bolts. I see they are 45 ft lbs. I have aftermarket from mancini and was wondering if they should still be at 45. Also they came with nuts only and no lock washers. Should I use lock washers or just the nuts. 45 doesnt seem that tight and I dont want them to loosen as I drive.
Also was wondering why such a low torque spec for that size thread. How does this effect the spring function?
Thanks
Rod

The springs segments need to be able to move independently to work correctly. 45 is right.Probably why they are fine thread. I,d use lockwashers and threadlocker if youre worried.

Toraue them to 45 and then recheck after 1000 k miles.

You can use washers if you wish...

Make sure you torque them down with the car on the ground or stands under the axle. you don't want the body jacked up and the axle hanging down. Also recheck a couple times after driving.

Make sure you torque them down with the car on the ground or stands under the axle. you don't want the body jacked up and the axle hanging down. Also recheck a couple times after driving.

I would think that torquing them with the axle hanging down with no load would be the best, that way you are not fighting any load on the bolts while torquing the nuts.

Then check them again when you put it on the wheels.

And another quick check at 1000 miles....

-
Back