Rear upper shock mount issue

-

crackedback

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Been working on this over the weekend, got rear end alignment settled and it sitting on the tires... FINALLY
Relo006.jpg

Anyways. The Rancho 9 ways that I have are 5/8" bushings and the upper mount on the Duster is 11/16. Anybody have a part number for the 5/8" upper mount stud?

I really don't want to try and ream the bushing and get tagged by an 800rpm spinning shock!

TIA

If the eyelet diameter is the same on the other size bushing,press them out and put in some poly shock bushings.(is that the car my old 5204's are going on?)Bob

Might try some silicone grease and a small chamfer on the upper shock mount stud. I had to do something similar to get the QA1's on my Valiant.

Clair

If the eyelet diameter is the same on the other size bushing,press them out and put in some poly shock bushings.(is that the car my old 5204's are going on?)Bob

Yes it is!

I homebuilt my Cal track style shock plates and the neighbor had some 5/8" studs, so the bottom is done. The uppers are the issue now.

Clair, thanks... I'll give that a shot. Love the die grinder approach. :)

Ream it, thats what I did on mine. Only takes about 2-3min. I reamed it with a 3/4" ream to give a lil leeway since the rubber flexes so much. The bottoms should have came with 1/2" reducers to fit the bars

-
Back