rear window antenna

-

snapetwo

Reaction score
I have a 2009 dodge charger, the radio antenna is in the rear window along w the defrost.
I was wondering, since I have a 73' dart...anyway to setup the same? Anyone make some kinda kit or anything? I don't really care for the look of a pretty dart, all painted and ready, and this chrome antenna just sticking up. Messes up the look and lines IMO.

Anyone got any suggestions ? ideas? links? etc?

Thanks,

Cool thanks. ya I been looking online and seeing that the one in my charger is actually printed/embedded into the glass. Trick setup, but would cost alot im sure to have it done to my window.

to be honest, I may even cut the roof. My charger has an XM antenna on top of the roof, near rear window. the low profile one, and it looks good. I may be willing to do that. but cutting the roof? YIKES!!!

An external antenna beats a glass antenna any day of the week. You will get much better reception with a proper aerial mast mounted to the fender. If you were to install a glass antenna you would need to properly size the length of the wire/traces on the glass to match the frequency wavelength that you were trying to recieve. Most cars with a glass antenna also have a signal amplifier inline before the radio to overcome the shortcomings of the design.

The hidden antenna frequently use a signal amplifier. If you want to get rid of your mast I would go with the hidden under dash style.

Now if you are willing to drill a hole in your roof for the xm you could install a combo xm/fm. Some modern stuff comes with a xm roof mount antenna that has a 6 inch rubber antenna built into it. Google the honda element and you will see what I am talking about. Many others use something similar. I had considered install a roof xm, but then I moved and no longer spent an hour a day in the car driving to work.

Very good ideas. I don't think I will be drilling a hole in the roof, decided thats not a good enough reason. To be honest, i plug my iphone into my charger and just listen to mp3s. Im sure i'll just do that in the dart..when im not listening to the engine.

however, I plan on taking road trips in the dart, so maybe a hidden antenna is the way to go.

Thanks all.

-
Back