Rear Window Regulators

-

chewy

Some old guy...
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I've rebuilt my rear window regulators on my 65 dart twice now. The first time both sides were pretty much bent in a circle. THey're pretty weak and are about ready to need to be tweaked again

I have access to some from a '66 Hard top, but, I before I went thru the effort to pull them, I was wondering if they were the same as the convertible. I know hte windows are much smaller on the convertible.

Anybody know?

--Tom

Tom, my Hollander does not show rear window regulators with out a 4 door car. I think you already know the answer, but are just wishing for some good news.
I doubt the regulators for a hdtp are the same as a convert.
65 dartcharger does extensive restores on your year of car pm him & he might be able to offer some insight to fix your problem.

if you tear it down again post up some pictures for future reference.
Good Luck.
Lawrence

I've rebuilt my rear window regulators on my 65 dart twice now. The first time both sides were pretty much bent in a circle. THey're pretty weak and are about ready to need to be tweaked again

I have access to some from a '66 Hard top, but, I before I went thru the effort to pull them, I was wondering if they were the same as the convertible. I know hte windows are much smaller on the convertible.

Anybody know?

--Tom

chewy

The part numbers are the same as per model for 65 and 66,numbers are from the Dealer parts books.So part numbers are not the same for ht and conv.

Part numbers 2-dr sdn 2299-844R 2299-845L
2-dr ht 2299-572R 2299-573L
conv 2428-208R 2428-209L

Jeff

chewy

The part numbers are the same as per model for 65 and 66,numbers are from the Dealer parts books.So part numbers are not the same for ht and conv.

Part numbers 2-dr sdn 2299-844R 2299-845L
2-dr ht 2299-572R 2299-573L
conv 2428-208R 2428-209L

Jeff
Jeff,
any info on interchangability on these regulators into other cars? specificaly the hardtops, will that dart regulator fit into hardtop valiants? baracudas?

-
Back