Rear window

-

crooked1/2dozen

Reaction score
My plastic rear window is cracked on my '64 Signet. I've had some telephone quotes, very expensive, $300-350 just to replace the window...ouch!

One place seemed more willing and reasonable, saying if I took it out myself the price would come in more around $150, still not cheap.

So, I'm wondering, is the procedure for removing the window and surround that difficult? I'm thinking that the rear chrome trim would obviously need removing, I'm really wondering if the window surround is sewn to the main top portion, or will it remove once trim is removed, and maybe staples etc. Thoughts??

And further to the post below, was there a glass option for the '64???

TIA

Dan

sorry that I can't help you Dan.
Have you thought about listing this enquiry in the "Early A" section? You may get a wider cross section and snare some one who knows.
I've never seen a top come off so i can't say.
good luck.

sorry that I can't help you Dan.
Have you thought about listing this enquiry in the "Early A" section? You may get a wider cross section and snare some one who knows.
I've never seen a top come off so i can't say.
good luck.

Fair dinkum!! Thanks for the reply from halfway around the world!

It's just warming up here in Calgary, When I finally get to taking the top apart, I'll post what I find...it might help out someone else who needs the same thing done, the window is original and is cracked, plus the baseball sized holes from last summers hail storm don't help in keeping the rain out!

-
Back