Rebuild kit

-

JR

Pissed off senior member.
Reaction score
Ok after getting screwed on one "rebuilt" 727 on craigs list I have a hardcore mopar buddy that said that his tranny guy will rebuild mine if I supply the rebuild kit and a case of beer.
I was wonderring what you guys think of the kit I found on this page...

It is the first kit under the new tranny on the page.

http://www.transmissioncenter.net/727Transmission.htm

Sorry to hear about your bad deal Scamp but sounds like you've at least found a good deal on someone rebuilding one for you. The basic rebuild kit your looking at looks real good. The Red eagle clutches and Kolene steels are great. The only thing is it's lacking bands and thrust washers. BTW: Don't use Kevlar bands as their too aggressive and will wear your drums fast. Use stock linings or Red Eagle linings. I'm not positive about a Fairbanks kit but I think it's basically the same as a B&M kit which is a basic shift improver kit. I prefer the Trans-go kits over them myself. Their far superior and address the short comings of the torqueflites. I see this same company also sells the Trans-go kits. maybe see if they will subsitute a trans-go kit instead of the Fairbanks. There's only $5 diff between them if you purchase them seperately. I also see it comes with a 5.0 kickdown lever. Make sure your trans guy installs at least 12 springs in the front clutch assemby or you may experience 2-3 shift overlap when using the 5.0 lever. Some clutch assemblies only came with 9 springs stock so you may have to aquire more. A new matched set would be preferable.

Good luck in your project.

-
Back