Rebuild turned bad

-

charger/tse

Reaction score
We put new main and rod bearing in my 390 stroker and new rings and new Melling high volume oil pump and pick up tube old bearings didn't look bad at all when we got it back in the car and started it up it went to 70 psi oil pressure the when warm and we reved up rpm it went to 100 another buddy had the same thing happen before and when he went to the burnout box so he had a new pump he had for a while we dropped the pan and changed the pump which was the same we had on the car fired the car back up this tine it went over 100 and pegged the oik gauge we even changed the gauge after that sane results any ideas what caused this .

I had the same thing with a melling pump went to 100psi because the clearances in the engine where tight. Changed to a stock pump now it is 20 psi at idle and 60 psi while driving

The world's longest sentence comes from using your voice command you can just talk and talk and talk and it will record everything you say and some other things too unless you say. Or? Oops it made it. It made it?
To answer the question There is formation that I would like also? Did you Prime the motor with oil and check to see both sides are oiling? I've heard of a cam bearing slipping, blocking off the oiling Holes and creating a lot of back pressure? But obviously I'm spitballing here....

worldslongestsentence! to thick oil. might need a weaker spring in the pump.

-
Back