Rebuilding leaf springs

-

bballfan1

Reaction score
Any recommendations on where to get parts for rebuilding 71 stock HD 340 leaf springs? Best place to buy, are front eyes 1.5 or 2.0 for bushings. Thanks in advance

I purchased a complete Leaf kit for My 69 383 Fish from R/T specialties back in 2013 with interliners etc. . There are many more vendors out there.

Nice kit with everything required. You must check your bushing sizes closely! These are not in the Leaf kits.

It was hard to locate the front eye bushings, NAPA and everyone had the size wrong. Eaton Detroit Springs "www.eatonsprings.com" is the best source for them IMO.

If you live near a major city, check and see if you can find someone local to rebuild and rearc the springs. It will save you shipping them. This is a common item to rebuild on heavy trucks.

If you live near a major city, check and see if you can find someone local to rebuild and rearc the springs. It will save you shipping them. This is a common item to rebuild on heavy trucks.
Glad you posted that. In keeping costs down, that could be a saver. Is that a 10th Group flash?

Any recommendations on where to get parts for rebuilding 71 stock HD 340 leaf springs? Best place to buy, are front eyes 1.5 or 2.0 for bushings. Thanks in advance
Thanks for starting this thread, I'm almost ready to pull the 'disassemble' pin and the springs are about a month out. Looks like motor pull next week. Side note, I've not completely gone through the carbs yet, but I'll likely do that later today. I'll let you know on the status if your interested in the 6139S. I would definitely do a rebuild. I think it's been sitting about 20+ years. It's moving much better than the 4972S, which is still getting treatments of Blaster.

-
Back