Rebuilt Automatic Transmission 1976 Malibu Station Wagon

-

Jax_1975_Dart

Reaction score
Sorry if I’m posting this in the wrong forum sub-section. I’m helping my father source a reliable refurbed/reman transmission for a 1976 Chevy Malibu stationwagon and was hoping someone here might have suggestions for a reputable online retailer to buy a transmission from? It’s a Chevrolet 350 engine and is an automatic.

What about your local transmission shop? If they're reputable, they shouldn't have any issues rebuilding, plus if any issues do arise they will be local and should have the issues sorted quicker than an online rebuilder.

If it's a turbo 350 transmission, you might be able to rebuild it yourself. They are mega simple.

There are several really good step by step manuals in print and it could save you several thousand dollars.

If it's a turbo 350 transmission, you might be able to rebuild it yourself. They are mega simple.

There are several really good step by step manuals in print and it could save you several thousand dollars.
I TOTALLY agree with @Princess Valiant. If it is the original 76 tranny, it is likely a Turbo 350 and they are easy to rebuild. Just take it SLOW, be very methodical and buy a good book.

Get the ATSG Service Group book. They are about the best. All over eBay.

-
Back