Rebuilt Engine bearing wear

-
The first sound didn't sound ANYTHING like a rod knock to me
Tough to say what it was. Only does it with fresh rod bearings. And was loudest in the oil pan on the opposite side of cylinder 2. Only thing I can think of that's down there are the bearings... especially since that's all I touched.

I agree and have been saying the same thing since the beginning of this whole deal.
Yea I'm just leaving it at I have no idea. Bore looked completely fine. Top of the piston was fine. Wrist pin moved freely. Even the bearings that came out looked fine. Maybe it just likes to knock when it has fresh bearings for a little bit... who knows

Or it has a bad exhaust leak, or it has a lifter bore worn badly or it has too much skirt clearance, or, or, or……. It could be a number of things. But it ain’t rod knock.

Or it has a bad exhaust leak, or it has a lifter bore worn badly or it has too much skirt clearance, or, or, or……. It could be a number of things. But it ain’t rod knock.
None of those noises go away though. That knock that I posted in post 72 is now gone. But rod knock also doesn't fix itself either. So none of our theories make sense. So who knows.

All of the ones I listed above will go away or get quieter with heat.

Not sure what to tell you. Let it sit for a week. Let it sit for a month. Who knows. If it’s gone entirely drive it like it’s stolen and enjoy it.

Not sure what to tell you. Let it sit for a week. Let it sit for a month. Who knows. If it’s gone entirely drive it like it’s stolen and enjoy it.
Sorry I felt like I was arguing there. It's gone now so I've been driving it. If it blows I pull it

You’ll get no argument from me. We’ve all been trying to help this whole time cause we want to see you enjoy it.

-
Back