Recommended a GPS speedometer please

-

mad accountant

Reaction score
Looking for a GPS speedo to use in my Dakota, not really looking for in dash gauge type. Want cheap but reliable/accurate, with odometer if possible. Don't care if it plugs into cig lighter or direct wire. Any suggestions?

Free smart phone app - WAZE. Won't do for odometer but will give you the speed and directions with real time traffic and speed traps!

Buy a cheap GPS unit and leave it in the car. Most of them have speedometers built in. Still no odometer solution from me - sorry.

Just a week ago I wouldn't have known what you are talking about. But I followed a thread on this site about gauge restoring and I went to some site. I think some people are offering to retrofit speedometers to run by GPS. However, I'm not sure and can't remember what site is was. And I don't know if they could connect up the odometer, but it was something I wanted to look into.

If somebody could make a GPS device that would connect to the factory speedometer and odometer I'd be interested.

No more worries about the bouncing needle, speedometer gears, or lubricating the speedometer cable. Just a thought.

-
Back