Recommended transmission rebuild kit (727)

-
Call this place:

Home - A&A Transmissions

tell them what you’ve got, intended use and they will put together the parts you will need, and advise as to what might be overkill and unnecessary etc. Not a “kit” but more a “parts YOU need” deal

I don't use kits that come with "everything". I buy a gasket, rubber, and ring kit, then a Kevlar front band and five smooth thin red eagles for third gear. New OEMs for forward. From there it's selective thrusts, any hard parts, and a Transgo kit clone. Oh and a blocked acc; in the spring..

I don't use kits that come with "everything". I buy a gasket, rubber, and ring kit, then a Kevlar front band and five smooth thin red eagles for third gear. New OEMs for forward. From there it's selective thrusts, any hard parts, and a Transgo kit clone. Oh and a blocked acc; in the spring..

Do you have sources or part numbers for these individual kits that you're willing to share?

Sure, it's no secret. I'll get the numbers for the kit and also for the kevlar band and Red Eagle .061 frictions.

There are two numbers on the .061 Red Eagles I put in the direct clutch. 225720 & 028742; about $7.50 ea. I can add one extra friction by going thin like this; 4 in a 3 plate drum and 5 in a 4 plate drum. But I put 5 in all of them by using a forward clutch beveled bottom pressure plate in the top of the direct pack in a 3 plate drum. I use a basic overhaul kit that contains no steels or frictions; I buy them separately as needed. This kit has all gaskets and seals and rings; the heavy duty direct rings that a lot of kits don't have. Brand name is 'Precision" #KP22950DL-MD; about $40. Kevlar bands are the green friction material about $20. Don't buy a truckload of parts type of kit thinking you're just "going to replace everything"; no such thing. I've looked at all the links provided off and on and haven't found a single one. "Transmission in a Box" doesn't exist.

-
Back