Record Cold Snap

-

OldVart

Reaction score
Anyone seen Al Gore around today? I have a thermometer here that reads -36C (-32.8F) and it's -45C (-49F) with the wind chill. I'd like to stick it up Gore's heiny to see if he'd still believe in global warming. It's supposed to hit a high of -23C (-9.5F) today then dip back into the -30C region again tonight. This goes into the record books as the coldest March 10 ever recorded. Yesterday we broke a record cold temp that was set in 1951. Yes Mike, I remember that chill in 51. :) Global warming my ***> :bootysha:

You can just keep it out there Sid. Please do not send it east, we have had enough. The ice on the lakes is almost 4 feet thick this year. Coldest winter I can remember since I was kid.

Jack

My truck thermometer showed -39 C (without the windchill) on the way to work. Note -40F = -40C

He must be here in Louisville KY today. The record high is 77 and its supposed to be 81.

I sure wish I could see these temperatures when I get back to Omaha next week.

Anyone seen Al Gore around today? I have a thermometer here that reads -36C (-32.8F) and it's -45C (-49F) with the wind chill. I'd like to stick it up Gore's heiny to see if he'd still believe in global warming. It's supposed to hit a high of -23C (-9.5F) today then dip back into the -30C region again tonight. This goes into the record books as the coldest March 10 ever recorded. Yesterday we broke a record cold temp that was set in 1951. Yes Mike, I remember that chill in 51. :) Global warming my ***> :bootysha:
Gee, & I thought -24C with a windchill of -38C was cold.
At least it's a dry cold. LOL
David Suzuki, Kiss my frozen ***.

The way things have been this winter all of the cold weather here in Arkansas has been blamed on coming from Canada.
I have buds on my tree's , This 65 to 80 F weather we have been having
for the last week or so will most likely be gone.

I need to make a sheet shelter and a light bulb for my Japanese Maple.

Thank you for the heads up Sid.:-D

bbbb4 043.jpg

I will se that Al Gore get's our thoughts on this Sid.

Jack: it will probably just be a pussy willow wind before it hits N.B. :)

340duster: Yup, it sure was a cold ***** of a morning. Good old Alberta spring time.

Brad: If you see him down there, slap him up side of the noggin' for me.

Wheels: This $hit is probably headed straight for Winterpeg. Duck!! :)

Mike: I have something that will freeze the buds off those trees before you can say lickety-split. :) Gore is probably in the Dominican or Trinidad looking for more global warming. You can slap him up side of the head for me too Mike.

I had to get the neighbour to come over yesterday morning with his big 4 wheel drive tractor to plow the snow out of my driveway. We've had about 19" of snow in the past week, and from Friday morning until about 9:00PM Sunday night, there was a 50 to 60 MPH Norwester blowing that snow right across all 250 yards of my driveway. I managed to get out with the Jeep on Sunday about 2:00 in the afternoon, after hi-centering and digging her out three times. I made 3 trips back and forth the drive to get a good set of tracks to follow, and everything looked pretty good. I got back from town an hour and a half later and you couldn't even see the tracks I'd made. The old Jeep made it about 60 yards before I beached her on top of that snow like an old whale. Snow was so deep I couldn't get the door open. :) Dukes of Hazard out the window went my fat old ***. Shoveled and dug for half an hour, but to no avail. All four tires were up off the ground and I couldn't dig her back down. By daylight yesterday morning she was just one big snow drift from the windshield down. Didn't think she'd start at -30C, but she fired right up. I had to dig out 2' of snow to get down to the trailer hitch so we could pull the old girl out with the tractor. Even then the neighbour had to hit the tow rope hard twice before she came off the snow. I love global warming. :) :)

O.K. enough bitchin'. Calander says spring will be here in 2 weeks. I can wait that long I guess. :)

I wish I was there to watch you get out of that window :toothy10:
Snow drifted in :angry7: its been a long time for me but I can imagine it from back in the day in hellinose, I call Illinois.
I sure hope it end's soon and melts into the creeks and lakes there.

Ahhh, I'm not so sure you would have wanted to see THAT picture Mike. It wasn't pretty for me, so I can imagine how it would have looked to an observer. :)
The only bright part about this is we really need the moisture to keep my well full, and this should do it for quite a while.

Yeah OldVart, your lovely weather is just getting to us in Sask. tonight..... :angry7:Yet, they are calling for +5 for Monday.........Good Ol' prarie weather......

Yea I'm with Sid, and I'm sick and tired of this SOB'ing cold, and HEY JACK you know how stinking cold it is out here. Well you don't breath through your nose cuss when you breath in your nostrils freeze together and HEY JACK you're going to know first hand cuzz this stinking, ridiculous, F'ing 40 below is going to be at your doorstep in about 3 days, enjoy.:-D:-D:-D:-D

Terry

Weather has been crazy where I'm at over the last few weeks. One day, it's in the mid-70s. The next, it's below freezing all day long.

And now it's supposed to be raining for the majority of next week.

Yea I'm with Sid, and I'm sick and tired of this SOB'ing cold, and HEY JACK you know how stinking cold it is out here. Well you don't breath through your nose cuss when you breath in your nostrils freeze together and HEY JACK you're going to know first hand cuzz this stinking, ridiculous, F'ing 40 below is going to be at your doorstep in about 3 days, enjoy.:-D:-D:-D:-D

Terry
Job well dun :toothy10: not wishing anything bad for any one :drinkers: but that one was in the net demon seed:toothy10::toothy10::sign5:.

Another -30C morning with a little 25MPH Norwester blowin' up my kilt.

retsudo43: Yeah, you guys should be getting your knackers frozen by now in Esterhazy. It's supposed to hit 0C here by Friday. SUN TAN LOTION!!

Terry: I'm with you - Enough Already!! :) I had my 4 Labs out for a run in the yard yesterday at noon and they'd completely disappear in the snow before poping back up for a leap into the next snow drift. At least they are having fun.

Harrison: Mid-70's?? Is that still listed on the standard thermometers, or is that the Al Gore Global Warming model? :)

Mike: Like Terry said, we really don't wish any bad luck on Jack ( :) ), but if we get it here we send it East toward him. Hope he hasn't put away his long undies yet.

-32 here with a -46 windchill:angry7:.....Busses not running so I have to drive the kids to town for school. They get enough days off without the weather giving them more time off.

No, I havn't put them away yet Sid. I know better. This 4 feet of snow on the ground is getting old though. On the brighter side, it got warm enough here yesterday to melt some of the ice off my driveway. I can actually see some asphalt now. Yee Haww!

Jack

rets, that sounds all too familiar. :) There was a list of school bus cancellations on the radio here for the past 2 days also. Just too damned cold to chance it with some of the long distance remote routes.

sheets, I'm about the same. Come on spring - and some warm weather!

Jack, I could actually see a little of my driveway yesterday also. But only because the neighbour spent an hour and a half clearing the snow with his 4 WD tractor on Monday. There's 4 feet of snow piled up all down the sides of my driveway and in the yard itself. And there are a lot of 4' drifts that have nothing to do with the tractor. Keep your powder dry and your wolly undies handy son, it's commin' your way. :)

Well it is here now :angry7: It was 80F two days ago and know we are in a winter storm warning that will hit here about 4 am tomorrow morning 3 to 5'' of snow.
But not as bad cold as the folks up north our lows will be 27F.
I bet that would feel like spring to every one up there.8)

80F to 27F will keep the doctors offices busy here I bet.
My bones are feeing it tonight.

It's been crazy here in mid Illinois too. Yesterday it was almost 80 and today it dropped like a rock last night and only hit 29 today. I've had 2 rounds of the flu. Actually I wish it'd get down to about 0~10 above for a couple weeks straight and freeze some of these freakin viruses out.

Here is a picture I just took this morning here on the hill
No:toothy10: I did not open the door.

bbbb4 045.jpg

-
Back